So this week, I received a lovely surprise in the shape of a nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This came from the beautiful Mich and was really unexpected, but brilliant at the same time. I’m really grateful to Mich for nominating me and just want to say a big THANK YOU to her, once again ❤
Make sure to check out Mich’s blog – there’s a ton of great content on there on topics such as self love and growth, organising your life, reaching goals and beauty/make up reviews.
If you’re not familiar with what the Sunshine Blogger Award is…
Bloggers will nominate fellow bloggers on the basis of their blog content. Nominations are usually made for blogs which inspire positivity and creativity. It’s a great way for bloggers to give recognition and appreciation to their peers. Considering I’ve only been blogging for a short timeframe, you can see why I’m so pleased to have received this nomination.
Nomination for the award comes with the following rules:
* Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
* Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
* Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
* List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So without further ado (I’ve always wondered what an “ado” is 😂) here are my answers to the 11 questions set for me by Mich:
1. What do you personally do to become inspired to write a blog post?
When I decided to set up my blog, I started up a blank note on my phone and every time I thought of something I wanted to write about, I’d add it to the list.
I don’t tend to write blog posts based on the order I’ve saved them to the list. I tend to just go with whatever takes my fancy that week.
2. What is your favorite part about your home town?
The people! Sounds cliché but we’re a community that always tends to pull together and support each other when needed. I feel that’s more valuable than any landmark or tourist attraction 😊
3. What was your biggest achievement in your blogging career thus far?
I feel as if I probably don’t even have a blogging career? At least not much of one as I’m still very new to the game. I’m honestly not just saying this but I’d say it’s this – being nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award. To know that somebody thinks I’m worthy of a nomination is really lovely ❤
4. What is your favorite holiday and why is it your favorite?
Definitely Christmas. I look forward to treating my family and friends to nice gifts, having some well deserved time off work, snuggling up to watch Christmas films and eating my own bodyweight in chocolate and cheese!
(I hope I’ve read this question right by the way?! 🙈)
5. How long have you been blogging and how did you come up with your site name?
I created my blog on WordPress just over a year ago but then it kind of just sat there. I knew that I wanted to blog but wasn’t sure how to go about it all. I gave myself a kick up the bum in July this year and decided that come August 1st, I was going to give it my best shot and attempt to publish one new post a week. So far I’ve managed to keep this up!
As for my name, it was originally something completely different to what it is now and I changed it when I got serious about making my blog work. I struggled to come up with a name for so long actually. Now I have one that I feel sums me up. I’m Miss Blogs-A-Bit. As I’m a Miss who blogs, a bit!
6. What is your favorite season and why?
Has to be Summer! I love the longer days and lighter nights. I just love the sunshine and think that everything looks better in it. I always feel in a better mood when the weather is nicer too.
7. If you could change one thing about the blogging community what would it be?
At present, nothing! I’ve not been around long enough to notice anything in particular that I would like to change, to be honest.
8. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
Not too surprisingly, I always loved English as I always enjoyed writing. But aside from that, I loved Drama. I was very much into acting and used to attend a youth theatre group in my younger days. I also used to be with an agency and did some extra work occasionally.
9. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is so tough as I absolutely LOVE food 😂😂 I’d have to say a prawn jalfrezi with boiled rice and a peshwari naan!
10. What is one thing you love most about yourself?
This is difficult as I’m unbelievably self critical. Hmm… I am fiercely loyal so I would have to say that.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Sorry but I’m gonna have to cheat and pick more than one here!
Michael Jackson, Madonna, Take That, The Killers, Justin Timberlake.
And now for my 11 nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Katie L Clark
Lights, Camera, Not A Lot Of Action
Jen Rose Writes
Northern Irish Girl Online
Liv’s Little Blog
The Naked Housewife
The Normal Girl’s Guide To Life
These blogs all have something interesting, helpful and enjoyable to offer including: travel diaries, hotel reviews, recipes, mental health advice, book reviews, beauty and make up reviews and general lifestyle posts. Please make sure that you check all of these bloggers out!
And here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Do you collect anything – what is it and why?
2. What was it that made you step into the world of blogging?
3. Where in the world would you most like to travel to?
4. Do you tend to plan your blog posts far in advance or are you quite spontaneous with your content?
5. Which famous person would you most like to meet and why?
6. Which of your own posts is your favourite so far?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. What is your idea of a perfect weekend?
9. Would you ever go on a reality TV show?
10. If you were reincarnated as an animal, which one would you like to be?
11. Which one beauty item could you not live without?
Remember to link me to your posts when you respond to your questions, I’ll be really interested to see your answers!